The AWHS Athletics program, 24 varsity male and female sports with many sub-varsity teams, is open to all "Bishops" in Grades 7-12.
• Students interested in trying out for a Fall sport (Football, Golf, Soccer, Cross Country, or Volleyball) must register in the Spring
• In order to be eligible to tryout for a sport, the following is required:
• Register the student-athlete on FamilyId
• Ensure that the student-athlete's Physical is current and on file with the School Nurse.
• Complete and submit certificate for completion of an online Concussion Safety course.
• All student-athletes MUST be "cleared" by the School Nurse well in advance of tryouts to be considered eligible to participate.
• All students are eligible to play one sport per season (Fall, Winter & Spring). Tryouts for the individual seasons are:
• Fall -- Mid-late August
• Winter -- Monday after Thanksgiving
• Spring -- March
• FREE "Summer Conditioning" is open to all enrolled AWHS students. Under the direction of the AWHS Trainer and Athletic Department, students can participate in tailored workouts Monday - Thursday from 8-10am. Students must be registered in FamilyId and cleared by the School Nurse to be eligible to participate. The Summer Conditioning Program is open for daily, weekly, or sporadic participation; however, consistent attendance is encouraged!
• All Athletic information (including specific tryout schedules) can be found on GoBishops.com
• Athletic questions should be directed to Mr. Gordie McClay, Athletic Director, (email@example.com or 781-843-3636 x 1410).
Courses will be $200 each and will run a couple of times a week. They usually run between 3-5 weeks and will run through July and August. More specific information, including dates and times, will be sent to those who state interest in the program.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Brian Ford in the Guidance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Join our Community
1. Check your Ravenna Hub account for the official Letter of Acceptance.
2. Sign the Intent to Enroll Form sent to you via email and secure your seat with the $500 New Student Enrollment Fee.
3. View your FACTS account for tuition and financial information.
4. Save the Date for the new student ice cream social on Tuesday, June 1 from 5:30pm-7:30pm.
5. Family IDto register your family, complete emergency contact information, and to sign-up for extracurriculars/athletics.
Flynn & O'Hara to purchase your child's school uniform. Click here for more information. PLEASE NOTE: Be sure to order early, as orders placed after July 15 cannot be guaranteed for delivery by the first day of school!
**Pants, tights, & shoes can be purchased through the vendor of your choice.
Powerschool to look at your child's schedule, grades, and update your contact information.
Schoology to look at your child's assignments.
**Students will receive login information during orientation.
MBS Direct Bookstore to purchase text books. Please search for your child’s book list using the course subject. Do not use the Student ID number. All book lists are accurate and some books will be digital.
Please visit our uniform company Flynn & O'Hara to order your uniform.
Girls' sample skorts are available in the Admissions Office to try on before ordering. Please contact Brett Marcotte (email@example.com) to make an appointment. The Admissions Office is open Monday-Thursday from 8am-2pm throughout the summer.
The AWHS Uniform Guidelines can be found in the Parent & Student Handbook.
• All new students are required to submit a Physical Examination and Immunization Record.
• Physicals must be dated within the prior 13 months and are valid for 13 months.
• If a new student will be involved in the Athletic program, the Physical must be current to participate in a tryout and remain current during the player's season. Failure to maintain an up-to-date Physical will result in the inability to tryout and participate.
• Any questions should be directed to our School Nurse by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-843-3636 x 1421.
All AWHS students are required to complete Community Service Hours annually:
• Grade 7 -- complete two collective, in-school service days during the school year
• Grade 8 -- complete two collective, in-school service days during the school year plus five (5) hours of individual service hours
• Grade 9 -- complete 15 hours of service
• Grade 10 -- complete 20 hours of service
• Grade 11 -- complete 20 hours of service
• Grade 12 -- complete 15 hours of service
• New students may begin accruing service hours as of July 1st.