THINGS TO DO NOW
1. Check your Ravenna Hub account for the official Letter of Acceptance.
2. All students entering 9th Grade are required to take the Math Placement exam. Students must bring this completed packet to the Placement Test. Students who are currently taking either Spanish or French may elect to take the Foreign Language placement exam immediately following the conclusion of the Math exam. Students entering Grades 7 & 8 do not have placement exams.
3. Submit the Intent to Enroll Form and your non-refundable $750 New Student Enrollment Fee (Please note: $250 will be credited toward your first 2022-2023 tuition bill).
4. Once enrolled, set up your tuition payment plan on FACTS, using the FACTS Grant & Aid financial aid application. Any Financial Aid questions should be directed to our Business Manager, Bernadette Raftery (email@example.com).
5. Get a jump start on your Bishops' pride. Visit the Blue & Gold Store for all things AWHS. Please note that AWHS is updating its uniform policy, effective for the start of the 23/24 school year. The only approved uniform outerwear will be the sweaters sold by Flynn O’Hara and a new navy blue uniform quarter-zip. This navy blue quarter-zip will be embroidered with the AWHS logo. Any other AWHS outerwear purchased through the Blue & Gold store can be worn on "dress-down" days. An order form for the new navy blue quarter zips will be emailed to all new families by the first week of May.
6. Register for SUMMER @ AWHS. There are so many great courses and one-day workshops to choose from! What a great way to pursue a long-time interest or to try something new...and you will gain familiarity with the AWHS campus and faculty. Sign up now....registration closes June 9th. Please email Mr. Martin, Summer Program Director, with any questions.
7. Register for Fall Athletics & Summer Conditioning (detailed information also listed below). Please visit our Athletics website for registration. www.GoBishops.com
Course Placement - The course selection process for new students has begun. Please keep an eye out for email(s) from Nicole Mollica (Director of Admissions), Kelly Davoli (Dean of Academic Advisement) and Katie Folan (Director of Grades 7&8). Any immediate questions should be directed to Nicole Mollica @ 781-535-6051.
Final Report Card/Transcript - AWHS will need to receive the final report card/transcript for the 2022-23 school year for new students. Please reach out to your student(s) school to request that the final transcript is emailed to Nicole Mollica (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please use this Student Records Release Form if your child's current school requests it.
Summer Assignments - Please visit the Summer Assignments link to see the required Math and English assignments. Each grade level has a book to read and all new students entering Grades 7, 8 or 9 will have a Math packet to complete. New students assigned to take Advanced Placement (AP) level courses will also have additional assignments listed as well.
Uniform Fitting - The Admissions Office invites new students to come to the office to try on the AWHS uniform before ordering from Flynn O'Hara. Please reach out to Nicole Mollica (email@example.com) to schedule a visit beginning June 1.
Uniform Quarter Zip - The Admissions Office will also have sample sizes of the new uniform approved quarter zip. An email announcement will be sent regarding the order form and fitting appointments. Please reach out to Nicole Mollica (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a visit beginning June 1. All orders should be placed using the quarter-zip sweatshirt form prior to June 30th.
Bus Transportation - AWHS will offer morning-only bus transportation leaving from Florian Hall in Dorchester and a new route added for 2023-2024 with a South Shore (Hanover) pick up locations. Online Registration is open now. Click here for more Bus Route information and the links to register (Dorchester or South Shore). Any questions should be directed to Brett Marcotte (email@example.com).
1. MBS Direct Bookstore to purchase text books. Please search for your child’s book list using the course subject. Do not use the Student ID number. All book lists are accurate and some books will be digital.
2. MyKidsSpending to add money to your child's lunch account. Our cafeteria is cashless, all students who wish to make any purchases must set up an account.
3. MBTA Pass Information -
MBTA M7 Passes - M7 passes are effective beginning in September and will be $30/month. Students have to pass in their money to the main office in an envelope with their name and grade on it. Students must pay $30 before the end of the previous month (ie: money for October's pass is due by September 30). Contact: Eileen Kennerley, firstname.lastname@example.org
Students that are residents of Boston are eligible for M7 MBTA passes, free of charge. Students must contact the BPS Transportation Department as well as their current school to formally withdraw from BPS for 2023-2024 and be assigned to AWHS. The M7 passes are good for unlimited travel on the subway, Local or
Express buses, and Commuter Rail Zones 1A, 1, and 2. Contact: Kara Kinsella, email@example.com