Chief Financial Officer
Archbishop Williams High School
Archbishop Williams is a Catholic high school serving 585 day students located in Braintree, MA. The CFO is a part-time four day per week position that reports directly to the President. Primary responsibilities include managing the School’s financial and treasury operations, strategic and annual financial planning, regulatory filings, external audit, banking and third party contractual relationships.
- Oversee all aspects of the school’s financial operations, tuition collection, disbursement of financial aid, payroll processing, and compliance, employee benefit programs and contracting, accounts payable, vendor relationships, treasury, banking, insurance and risk managemen
- Lead and work effectively with the two finance staff; develop strong working relationships with department heads, committees and school administration
- In collaboration with the President and department heads develop a long-term strategic vision for the school and articulate short and medium-term goals to achieve the school’s long-term vision
- Develop the annual financial and capital plans and propose salary and tuition increases that are tightly integrated with the school’s objectives
- Develop a standard monthly financial reporting package for the President, and Finance Committee that analyzes and interprets financial results and trends, key performance metrics, plan variances and remediation measures, capital appropriations, investment performance, endowment activity and financial forecast
- Use technology to streamline transaction processing, recording and reporting of financial transactions
- Work with the President, Finance Committee, and Board on major capital expenditures
- Coordinate with the President and the Advancement Office on fundraising and play a leadership role in the financial aspects of any capital campaign
- Develop, implement monitor and maintain written financial, purchasing and subcontracting policies and procedures used in selecting and contracting with third parties and complying with U.S. GAAP and state and federal laws
- Ensure strong internal financial controls, accountability, and supervisory oversight are in place and are operating effectively
- Work with the Business Manager and independent auditors to support the year-end audit and various ad hoc projects
Accounting or business degree with 8+ years of relevant experience and management skills required. Candidates must possess strong financial management and analytical skills; non-profit experience and CPA highly desired. Effective communicator and hands-on leader that is both passionate and collaborative. Knowledgeable of financial systems and internal controls best practices, proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and QuickBooks.
Interested candidates – please remit work history, education and affiliations to
Maura Gilmartin at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to be notified of job openings in the future, please submit your email below. Thank you for your interest in Archbishop Williams.