GRADE 7-12 SPANISH TEACHER
Archbishop Williams High School is seeking a full time Grade 7 -12 Spanish teacher that supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school to begin in January 2015. The primary responsibility for the current school year is to teach Spanish I and III at the Middle and High school level.
We have a one-to-one iPad program that integrates technology into teaching and learning with teachers and students using iPads on a daily basis in the classroom. Applicants must be willing to teach in this integrated technology classroom environment. We seek applicants with a relevant degree, experience teaching at the middle and/or high school level, desire to collaboratively work as part of a team, and involve oneself with the school community beyond the classroom. A Massachusetts teaching license in middle school education is preferred. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume including references to Dr. Michael R. Volonnino, Principal, email@example.com
FRESHMAN GIRLS BASKETBALL COACH
- Run the day to day operations of the Freshman Girls basketball program.
- Assist the Varsity Girls Basketball Head Coach as necessary.
- Perform all duties/responsibilities assigned by the Director of Athletics and the Principal.
- Collaborate with the AWHS staff, including Administration and Teachers.
- Model the behaviors outlined in the National Federation Coaches Code of Ethics, especially those pertaining to sportsmanship according to the AWHS Student/Parent Handbook.
- Be responsible for information contained in the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association Handbook and the AWHS Student Handbook.
- Unless otherwise approved, attend all Athletic Department and AWHS meetings that deal directly with the swim team and winter athletics.
- Stay informed of rule changes, trends, and recommendations that affect the particular sport.
- Be present at each practice session and at all contests of the sport coached as appropriate. This includes supervision, at all times of the weight room, locker room and shower areas until the area is secured before and after practices and contests.
- Work to identify future opponents.
- Develop an organized written practice plan to include adequate warm-up and cool-down procedures on a daily basis.
- Verify that the facilities and equipment are safe and that safety procedures are taught and followed in all areas.
- Comply with student eligibility protocol and management.
- Directly supervise team members at home and away contests.
- Supervise all team members that are transported by school buses. This includes making sure all team members travel to and from games and practices (when applicable) by school transportation. Also requires valid drivers license and ability to drive 15 passenger van.
- Be responsible for the distribution and collection of the school’s athletic equipment before, during and after the coaching season.
- Direct completed official’s vouchers immediately following a contest and report score results immediately following games
- Have current knowledge of NCAA recruiting policies, regulations and admission requirements.
- Follow current procedures for completing end-of-season responsibilities
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Prior High School Coaching Preferred
- MIAA/NFHS certification Preferred.
- Approved CORI report as a condition of hire
- Proficiency with basic technology tools (email/Microsoft Office)
Please forward resume and cover letter to Gordon McClay, AWHS Athletic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org