The AWHS Nurse functions as a health resource and educator for students, families and faculty. The primary purpose of the nurse is to promote wellness among students.
This position is a 10-month salary position with paid flexible summer hours for the 2014 - 2015 school year. Hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Salary is commensurate with credentials and experience. Benefits apply.
The nurse reports directly to the Assistant Principal/Principal
- Promotes and protects the optimal health status of students.
- Provides health assessments and triage care for ill students.
- Maintains, evaluates and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate individual needs of students.
- Updates and maintains cumulative health records.
- Implements the school medication policy and procedure.
- Plans and implements school and health management protocol.
- Develops procedures and provides for emergency nursing management for illness/injuries.
- Prepares statistical reports for the Department of Educational and Cultural Services and Department of Human Services.
- Provides health education and anticipatory guidance to students, families, faculty and staff.
- Helps personnel recognize departures from appropriate behavior and growth patterns; helps students and staff adjust student programs when necessary to accommodate health needs of students.
- Collaborates with the Athletic Director to maintain compliance with state and Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) regulations.
- Acts as a resource person in promoting health careers.
- Education: B.S.N. or Registered Nurse with a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Minimum of three years experience in public health nursing, community nursing, school health nursing or pediatric nursing
- Licensure: Current RN license in the State of Massachusetts, current CPR certification
- Strong communication skills
Please send resume to:
Assistant to the President
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
Archbishop Williams High School, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will consider applicants for all positions equally without regard to their race, sex age, color, national origin, or disability in accordance with applicable laws.
Part- Time Grade 7 & 8 Foreign Language Teacher
Archbishop Williams High School is seeking a part-time Grade 7 & 8 Foreign Language teacher that supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school for the 2014-2015 school year. The primary responsibility is to teach Spanish courses. We have a one-to-one iPad program that integrates technology into teaching and learning with teachers and students using iPads on a daily basis in the classroom. Applicants must be willing to teach in this integrated technology classroom environment. We seek applicants with a degree in Spanish, experience teaching at the middle school level, desire to collaboratively work as part of a team, and involve oneself with the school community beyond the classroom. A Massachusetts teaching license in middle school education is preferred. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume including references to Ms. Lisa Fasano, our Grade 7 & 8 Program Director, at email@example.com.
Archbishop Williams is currently seeking a full-time Theology teacher. Masters Degree and experience is preferred but not required. Please send cover letters and resumes directly to John Mullen at firstname.lastname@example.org.